Tuesday, July 17, 2012

July Julep Maven It Girl Unboxing/Review

Hi guys! Long time no blog! I'm a little late on this post since getting my July box was delayed due to a couple of issues. But it finally arrived and I was so excited for this months colors! It a got an email a week before the boxes were to be released saying they were including a special gift. Julep Maven was including special edition nail polishes for Canada Day and Independence Day, were you lived decided which one you received! I thought this was such a cute idea and made the box just a little extra special. When I got my email showcasing the nail polishes for the It Girl Box I was in love! I couldn't wait to get my box and start using these colors.


My July box was smaller this month than normal, it was thinner. Which actually was perfect because it was the perfect size to go in my mail box, meaning I didn't have to go pick it up from the post office! This months theme was "It's your time to sparkle" and it came with the quote "We need less posturing and more genuine charisma. It's about a sparkle in people that money can't buy." - Marianne Williamson. I do really enjoy reading the quotes they include, you can tell Julep Maven puts time and thought into designing each box. I loved that they kept with the Canada Day theme as well with red and white paper confetti packaging and star wrapping paper!
So now onto the nail polishes! In total I had four this month, including the free O Canada nail polish. Which is a sheer glittery polish, with red sparkles and smaller multi color sparkles as well! So pretty and I will definitely be wearing this, not only for future Canada celebrations!


Then I received Kate, which is a soft white pearl. I actually don't have a white nail polish in my collection so I was looking forward to this one for sure! It's always nice to have a good white nail polish, as it can look so classic!


I also received Daphne, which is a fresh seafoam green creme. I was looking forward to this one as well! The picture makes this look like more of a minty green, but in real life it is more of a teal color. I will be wearing this a lot, it's the perfect green that is totally wearable!


And last but certainly not least is Mila, which is a charcoal multi colored glitter. To be honest this is my favorite of the bunch! It's so pretty and I adore it!
Mila - Kate - Daphne - O Canada
All in all, I was very happy with July's Box, it being my favorite one so far! I'm looking forward to seeing what Julep Maven is going to come up with for August's Box!


- Currently I am wearing two coats Kate as a base with one coat of Mila on top! I've gotten so many compliments it's so fun and pretty!!

Happy Living!

4 comments:

  1. OMG those colours as so pretty! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! This is definitely my favorite box so far! xo

      Delete
  2. pretty colors!


    p.s. I'm having a $100 SheInside giveaway if you'd like to check it out!
    devorelebeaumonstre.com xx

    ReplyDelete