Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Couch to 5K - Week 1, Workout 1

Week 1, Workout 1 - Tuesday August 14, 2012

I started the Couch to 5K Running Plan today because I knew if I put it off I would just keep thinking up excuses not to start it. I generally go to the gym at night around 8 or 9, just how I've always done my workouts. Plus we usually have the gym downstairs to ourselves, which is never a bad thing! I say 'we' since my boyfriend Chris and I always workout together. It's good because we motivate each other to get up and get going. It's usually him motivating me to go but i'm sure we all have those days! To start off I did just a few easy stretches to wake up my muscles. Then I did a 5 minute warm up walk, which was easy, I had my workout playlist going which was great! Then I moved onto starting 20 minutes of alternating between a 60 second run and a 90 second walk. It was smooth sailing at the beginning, I was definitely enjoying the walking but the running after about 5 minutes was definitely straining for me. But I kept motivated and pushed through to the 25 minute mark! Then I added in a 5 minute walk at the end to cool down and get my heart rate down. Finally I finished off with some stretching. I felt great after, just knowing that it was challenging and I pushed through and finished it! I'll let myself recover for a day or two from running, but I'll still be doing weight training tomorrow night, and then on to workout 2! I'm really excited that I have made the first step in the plan and can't wait to get further!

Happy Living!

No comments:

Post a Comment