Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Couch to 5K

As you can tell by the title of this post this isn't one of my usual beauty reviews/hauls, but rather it is my journey to becoming more fit and healthy! I'll be one of the first people to stand up and say that I loathe running. So much so that I used to do everything in my power to avoid the running tests in high school. However when I moved out to London and saw that our apartment was fitted with a gym downstairs, I made it my goal to start exercising more. After trying everything but running, from the eliptical to walking to incline walking and not really getting the results I was looking for, I realized maybe running could be the answer. I decided in order to get the results I wanted to see I needed to actually challenge myself, rather than just playing around in my comfort zone. I knew I would really have to ease myself into it, which is why I found The Couch to 5K Running Plan to be the perfect thing. It has you working out 3 times a week for 9 weeks. I plan on adding a couple workouts in between just with weight training and toning exercises as well. The first workout begins by warming up with a 5 minute walk for  and then alternating jogging for 60 seconds and walking for 90 seconds for a total of 20 minutes. Now by no means am I planning at this stage on running a 5K or any kind of marathon in the future, I still hate running, but never say never right? I plan on keeping a log on this blog concerning my progress and if this is something you also would want to give a try leave me a comment below! It's nice to know people are going through the same thing as you!

Happy Living!

No comments:

Post a Comment