Thursday, June 7, 2012

June Julep Maven It Girl Unboxing/Review

I finally received my June Julep Maven Box and I was beyond excited! Never thought I would get so excited over nail polish, but it's like getting a gift every month! Granted it's from myself, but lets not dwell on that! This is only my second box from Julep Maven, but to say i'm impressed is an understatement. I got the standard email saying what would be coming in the June It girl box and I got the option to either change my box, gift it or skip the month. I liked the colors it advertised so I decided to keep it. I was under the impression I would be getting three nail polishes and I was happy! However when I opened up my box I was so surprised! 
First I saw the card that tells you a little about the nail polishes and give a little idea/tip. Then there was a smaller card with a quote "I you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun" - Katharine Hepburn. I thought this was fitting for the theme of the It Girl box this month which is "It's time to be bold." Next I saw a gift voucher for one free nail polish from the Maven Boutique! I was so surprised to see this and can't wait to pick out another nail polish for next month! I loved this little addition to becoming a new member! 
Then I spotted the lip balm, which I also didn't expect to receive! This smells amazing, it's Vanilla Mint daylight defense with SPF 15, which is perfect for summer! Along with this I also received two pixie sticks, which I haven't had since I was younger! My boyfriend and I had one each, such a cool surprise! This was all before I even opened the nail polishes! 
They come wrapped so nicely in wrapping paper with a bow, and also in bubble wrap inside that. The colors I received this month were Morgan which is a "frosty grape purple", Sasha which is a "fresh cantaloupe creme", and Sandra which is a "friendly, frosty magenta." 
Morgan - Sasha - Sandra
To be honest, I was most looking forward to Sasha, as I've never had a color quite like this! This is definitely what I will be wearing first! And like I said in my first Julep Maven post, the nail polish quality is excellent, I'm very impressed! I do find even without a top coat it lasts at least 3 days! Julep Maven went beyond my expectations and I couldn't be more satisfied! I can't wait to try out these new colors and add them to my collection. And I'm already excited for July's box!! If you're interested in trying out Julep Maven's subscription they are offering it for quite the steal at the moment, only a penny for the intro box! All you have to do is follow this link  http://www.julep.com?r=21045268  and enter the code "penny" at time of purchase and you're on your way! 
Happy Living!


2 comments: