Monday, June 4, 2012

My Everyday Face Makeup

As most of you may know it can be a gruelling process trying to find the perfect face products for your skin. I not unlike most have gone through many, many different foundations, tinted moisturizers, concealers, you name it! After many bad makeup days, and countless money spent I believe I've finally found my perfect routine! The most important thing to finding products is to make sure they match your color, skin tone and complexion. Whether you are fair, tan, dark, have pink or golden undertones there is definitely a color out there for you, the obstacle is just finding it! The best thing you can do is go to the store and ask for a sample. This is what I found to be the best, that way you're able to test it out and apply it at home. Seeing how it wears throughout the day and how it looks it different lights! I'm going to share with you my everyday face makeup routine, bear in mind this is what works for me but may not work for everyone!


First thing I do before I start applying my face makeup is to moisturize! I cannot stress how important this is, to have a nice smooth surface, makes the world of difference! I use Nivea Soft Moisturizing Creme for face, body and hands. I have a normal complexion, so it is a thicker moisturizer and I've never had a problem with oily or dry skin! However I believe this moisturizer would work well for dry skin as well! I just apply this all over my face with clean fingers!
Nivea Soft Moisturizing Creme
My next step is to apply a primer to my face. I never used to use a primer but after getting my first sample size a couple of years ago, I always use one! I find it just creates the perfect canvass for any kind of face makeup, and allowing the makeup to stay put all day long! The primer I use is Smashbox Photo Finish Oil Free Foundation Primer! I love the way it glides over my skin and makes it so soft! I just apply this all over my face with clean fingers as well!
Smashbox Photo Finish Oil Free Foundation Primer
Then I apply my tinted moisturizer. Personally for my skin type, I don't need that much coverage on a day to day basis. Therefore I find that a tinted moisturizer evens out my skin tone and brightens it up. I use Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer Spf 20, oil free in Porcelain. It doesn't have much coverage, for example, in the summer I do get a few freckles and they are still visible. However, you are able to layer for more coverage if necessary. I apply this with a clean foundation brush all over my face, focusing on my nose, chin and forehead and blending it out! I find this lasts all day and looks the same when I put it on as it does at the end of the day!
Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer Spf 20
After I apply my tinted moisturizer I use a setting powder to finish off the look. I personally find a loose translucent powder works the best for me, as a pressed powder can end up looking cakey in the end. I use Cover Fx Translucent Setting Powder. I apply this using a large fluffy brush and apply it all over my face! A little bit of this goes a long way, my last container lasted me at least a year before I ran out!
Cover Fx Translucent Setting Powder


Happy Living!


No comments:

Post a Comment